June 22, 2010 Leave a comment
(Details from http://or2010.fecyt.es/Publico/WorkShop/index.aspx#b3)
Have you heard about SWORD but are unsure of why or how you should use it? This hands-on workshop will provide a gentle introduction to SWORD, some examples of how it can be used, and if you have a laptop you can try out some SWORD clients and have a go at making your own using an online SWORD client creation toolkit.
This workshop (2.15 pm-4.30 pm) will cover:
- An overview of SWORD
- What it does
- How it works
- Use cases for SWORD
- How you could use SWORD
- Have a go at making some deposits to different repositories using some SWORD clients
- Deposit to multiple repository platforms
- Try a few different clients
- Build your own custom deposit interface using SWORD and the EasyDeposit SWORD client toolkit
- Customise your own installation of EasyDeposit
- Explore the possibilities of EasyDeposit by trying different options, and optionally by creating new steps
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place on the workshop and let us know if you have any ideas for subjects you’d like us to look at. You can also twitter us at http://www.twitter.com/swordapp with your suggestions.